Gibson Custom Shop 58 Les Paul VOS Historic Series Made 2 Measure Page 23 #88146
This is our first shipment of 2018 models and what a shipment!
We raided our Made to Measure tops and chose some killer colours from the Beauty of the Burst book. We chose Page 23 for this killer 58!
The very latest, all hide glue construction with the super authentic True Historic Plastics. Other features include a one-piece rosewood fingerboard, Kluson™ Deluxe machine heads, hot-hide glue neck fit and top fit, a Historic Truss Rod assembly with no tubing, accurate body and fingerboard binding color, new Custom Buckers created in the image of the original PAFs, and period-correct Aniline dye offered in VOS and Gloss. With Brown Les Paul Reissue Hard Case with Pink Fur Lining and Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity in Binder.
• All models use True Historic parts and plastics
• All new core colors
• Updated ’58-accurate small fretwire
• Historic brown/pink lacquered cases included with Les Paul models
The Historic Standard Les Paul from Gibson Custom delivers the tone, looks and feel of the original ’59, Sunburst Les Paul that set the standard. It features hand-crafted beauty, authentic vintage Gibson tone and historic appointments plus historically accurate aniline dye, hide glue neck construction and the renown sound transference that comes with its long neck tenon. The most important details that made the original the legend are artfully revived for a convincing vintage playing experience.
Other spec includes:
- Neck Design: Historic long neck tenon
- Top: Book-matched flame maple
- Tailpiece: Lightweight aluminum stopbar
- Finish: Hand-sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Joint: Constructed with hot hide glue
- Pickups: Custom Bucker PAF repros
- Fingerboard: Solid one-piece rosewood
- Body Back: Hand-selected one-piece mahogany
- Neck: Quality mahogany with ’58 neck profile
- Colour: Beauty of the Burst
- Top Wood: Flame Maple with Hide Glue Fit
- Back Wood: Lightweight Solid Mahogany Body
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fretboard Wood: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Nut Width: 4.28 cm / 1.687"
- Nut Material : Nylon
- Neck Wood: Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Neck Shape: 1958 Style Les Paul
- Bridge Hardware: Nickel Plated ABR With Thumbwheels with Lightweight Aluminium Tailpiece
- Pickguard: True Historic Plastic Cream
- Bass Pickup: Custom Bucker
- Treble Pickup: Custom Bucker
- Pickup Switching: 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Bumblebee Capacitors, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Weight: 8lb 10oz
Beauty of the Burst
Flame Maple with Hide Glue Fit
Lightweight Solid Mahogany Body
Number of Frets
Solid Indian Rosewood
4.28 cm / 1.687"
Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
1958 Style Les Paul
Nickel Plated ABR With Thumbwheels with Lightweight Aluminium Tailpiece
True Historic Plastic Cream
2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Bumblebee Capacitors, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
Gibson Hard Case and Certificate
WORLD GUITARS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE GUITAR STORE!
We have been hand-selecting, photographing, setting up and selling high end guitars for over 30 years. In this time we have always understood just how important it is to get the setup right. The best guitar in the world can feel very average if it's not setup properly. We have always made this a priority on every single guitar that leaves World Guitars.
The guitar arrived today WOW!! It's fantastic and has exceeded my expectations in all respects. The build quality and finish are outstanding as is the feel and the sound. I only had an hour to play with it but I can't wait to get it plugged in again. Please pass on my thanks to Patrick Eggle who I hope to see at the London Acoustic guitar show again this year when I can thank him in person. Thanks also to you and the team at World Guitars, you really showed a personal interest in my order from start to finish including the delivery which went totally to plan. I would certainly recommend you to my friends. A cut above other major guitar stores I have visited and used.