PRS Guitars McCarty 594 Semi-Hollow Copperhead Burst #0271949
Currently one of the most wanted PRS models! This is the Limited Semi-Hollow version in stunning Copperhead Burst!
The Private Stock version was one of our favourite PRS Models of recent years so we are very pleased that they’ve introduced a Core Stock Model.
The PRS Guitars McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
Go to 19 minutes 20 seconds on the Video to See John playing the Private Stock version! Click here
A few key specifications that contribute to the PRS McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners that have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s shaft, gear, and worm together (but take the tuner button out of play) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar itself with as little energy as possible begin detracted.
“The 594 is the best new guitar I’ve played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can’t get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting.” – John Mayer
- Colour: Copperhead Burst
- Top Wood: Curly Maple
- Back Wood: Select Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.594"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Neck Wood: Select Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage
Number of Frets
PRS 2 Piece Stoptail
58/15 LT Low Turn
58/15 LT Low Turn
Two Volume with Two Push Pull with 3 Way Toggle
PRS Hard Case
WORLD GUITARS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE GUITAR STORE!
We have been hand-selecting, photographing, setting up and selling high end guitars for over 30 years. In this time we have always understood just how important it is to get the setup right. The best guitar in the world can feel very average if it's not setup properly. We have always made this a priority on every single guitar that leaves World Guitars.
Hi Guys I just wanted to send an e-mail to say thank you for the excellent customer service and an amazing guitar. I ordered a John cruz designed Custom Shop Stratocaster with Julian who was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. The guitar arrived the day after I ordered it and when it arrived it was set up perfectly. I have owned a few Stratocasters in the past including Custom Shop but this guitar is by far the best. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. This is the 3rd guitar I have bought from yourselves and all of them have been amazing. Keep up the good work guys. World Guitars is second to none. Many Thanks